|Rotating Clock Divider [Full Kit]|
Build your own Rotating Clock Divider, with the RCD kit.
The Do-it-yourself kit includes all the parts necessary to build a fully-featured RCD. This is a beginner-level kit, but you need some prior experience, and have basic hand tools (flush snips, needle-nose pliers, small screw driver).
December 2022: we currently only have black panels in stock to accompany RCD kits. If you need an aluminum panel, please order the kit from one of our dealers. We will have more aluminum panels available in January.
The Rotating Clock Divider (RCD) produces eight divided clock tempos from a single input clock. The divisions range from /1 to /64, including all odd and non-standard divisions such as /3 and /17 and /62. A Rotate CV input re-assigns the division number of each jack, allowing for creative mix-ups and experimentation. A Reset input jack helps to sync/start with an external clock.Basic Features:
- Divide-by-1 to Divide-by-64, on 8 output jacks
- CV Rotate jack to shift divide-by amount on each jack
- CV Reset jack to reset/re-sync all jacks
- Optional break-out panels to expand functionality (Auto-reset, selectable Divide-by range, Gate/Trigger, Up/Down-counting)
- Clock Input (5V to 15V clock, rising edge triggered), max 3kHz
- CV Rotate (0V to +5V input)
- CV Reset (5V to 15V trigger)
- Divided Clock Outputs (8 jacks):
- Selectable Gate/Trigger mode:
- Selectable Divide range up to Divide-by-64:
Two jumper pins on the back can be pre-set with jumpers plugs, or used with (forthcoming) breakout panel.
- Selectable Auto-reset:
Auto-reset will reset the divide counter every 16/24/32 clocks, which keeps the beats more "dance-able" even when using the "weird" clock divisions (3/5/6/7/9/10/11/etc..) Two jumper pins on the back can be pre-set with jumpers plugs, or used with (forthcoming) breakout panel.
- Clock bus functionality, LED dimming, and 5v selection are features only offered in the factory-built RCD available here, and are not found in the kit version.
- Module size:
- 4 HP Eurorack format module
- 1.85" (48mm) deep
- Power consumption:
- +12V rail: __mA
- +5V rail: not used
- -12V rail: not used